Belize Vacation Starter Package
3 Nights/4 Days - Guaranteed Departure - Daily (Minimum 2 persons)
Level of Difficulty: Moderate to High (some activities require high fitness level)
Highlights: Lamanai Maya Temples & New River Safari, Xunantunich Maya Temples, The Belize Zoo
Day 1 - Welcome to Belize:
Meet and Greet on arrival at the Belize International Airport. Transfer to Belize City area hotel for 3 overnights.
Day 2 - Lamanai Maya Temples & New River Safari (L):
This is one of the most interesting tours in Belize. After an hour’s drive up the Northern Highway, you board a riverboat at Tower Hill and head up the New River. While traversing the many little creeks and lagoons, it is easy to encounter hawks, kites and falcons. You may also see dainty Jacanas lightly walking on the lily pads while the crocodiles bask in the morning sunlight. At the entrance to the New River Lagoon, the ruins of Lamanai (Maya for “Submerged Crocodile”) rise into view. While touring this site, huge masks depicting dead rulers and gods seem to materialize out of the rainforest amid the chatter of bird life and the haunting call of the Howler Monkeys. Your guide will point out the Copal and Ramon trees, which were of great importance in ancient times.
Day 3 - Xunantunich Maya Temples & The Belize Zoo (L):
Today’s adventure begins as you head for the wildlife habitat known as The Belize Zoo. The zoo was created as a sanctuary for the country’s indigenous species and is now home for an impressive array of large cats, primates, reptiles and birds. A visit to the zoo gives you the opportunity to see Belize’s amazing wildlife in one location. The adventure continues with a scenic drive up the Western Highway to the Cayo (pronounced Ky-o) District. Xunantunich (Maya for “Maiden of the Rock”) sits just inside the Western border of Belize. Before reaching the entrance of this ancient city, your party will board a 19th century hand-cranked ferry which takes you across the Mopan River. The ruins are actually located on one of the highest plateaus in the area and it is possible to climb to the top of “El Castillo”, the largest of the temples at this site. From this vantage point, one gains a panoramic view of the Cayo District and nearby Guatemala.
Day 4 - Farewell Belize City (EP):
Morning at leisure. Airport transfer to the Belize International Airport for outbound flight or to the Municipal Airport for connect with commuter flight to a beach getaway (Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, Dangriga, Hopkins or Placencia).
- Bed & Breakfast: Villa Boscardi or similar
- Moderate: Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel or similar
- Boutique Inn: The Great House Boutique Inn or similar
- Eco-Lodge: Black Orchid Resort or similar
Airport Reception; 3 nights lodging in Belize City; Hotel Taxes; 2 Tour activities as outlined in the itinerary; Park fees to sites visited; Hotel transfers.
Gratuities; Meals not mentioned; Bar items with included meals; Items of personal nature.
- Single Alone Traveller Supplement: $220.00
- This can be a Pre- or Post- Extension trip combined with a beach stay in Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, Hopkins or Placencia.
- Cave Tubing & Belize Zipride at Caves Branch Outpost can be substituted for either tour at a supplement rate of $37.00 US per person.
- 25% deposit due within 21 days of booking confirmation
- Final balance due 45 days prior to arrival.
- If booking is made within 45 days of arrival full payment is due immediately.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refund less $100.00 administrative fee if cancelled 46 days or more prior to arrival; Cancellations inside of 45 days from start of clients' travel will be assessed a 5% cancellation penalty of invoice value or the $100 administration fee, whichever is greater, plus any airline, hotel, or other supplier penalties. "No Shows" will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee based on the full cost of services. Once travel has commenced, no refunds will be issued for unused portions of packages and tours. All refunds justified will be made to the supplier originating business transactions with Discovery Expeditions Belize.